Nutty Chocolate Caramel Corn Clusters
Nuts, chocolate, and caramel meet popcorn for a marriage of flavors that was made in heaven!
Yield: 3 quarts, 24 servings, 1/2 cup per serving
- 3 quarts popped popcorn
- 1 cup marcona almonds, whole almonds or peanuts
- 1 (12 ounce) package semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a large, rimmed baking pan (17x 12 inches) with foil and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Spray a large mixing bowl (not plastic) with cooking spray and add popcorn and nuts; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine chocolate morsels, corn syrup and butter. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils. Pour over popcorn; toss well to coat.
- Spread in an even layer into prepared baking pan. Bake in preheated oven 40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Cool completely in pan. Break into pieces; store in an airtight container.
- Soak saucepan before cleaning.
11 g total fat
4 g saturated fat
5 mg cholesterol
25 mg sodium
24 g carbohydrates
2 g fiber
19 g sugar
2 g protein
61 mg potassium