Honey Matcha Popcorn
Enjoy the simplicity of whole grain popcorn with a sprinkling of antioxidant-rich matcha (green tea) and just a touch of honey.
Yield: 12 cups
- 12 cups unsalted, unbuttered popped popcorn
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon matcha green tea powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 300° Fahrenheit. Line large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Place popcorn in large mixing bowl.
- In small saucepan set over medium heat, melt together butter, honey, matcha and salt, stirring until dissolved. Pour over popcorn; toss to combine. Spread onto baking sheet. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake, stirring occasionally, for 25 to 30 minutes or until popcorn is dry. Let cool completely before serving.
Matcha powder can be found in the tea and coffee aisle at the supermarket.
Per 1 cup
Saturated Fat 2.5g